Before beginning work on any appliance, homespun do-it-yourself practitioners should be aware of four basic principles of safety.
- If something is heavy, use your legs when lifting, or if it is too heavy for you to manage, get someone to help.
- If you’re working on an electrical appliance, unplug it from its power source
- When troubleshooting appliances that use water ensure you have enough towels and buckets to clean up whatever spills that may occur.
- Exercise care and caution when handling sharp objects.
The bottom line is to do whatever you need to do to protect your health.
And now let us take a look at how to access some of the major components in your Samsung Front-Loader.
The Rotor, the Stator Assembly, and the Thermistor
- These components are located behind the rear panel. Pull the washer away from the wall and remove the screws that hold the rear panel in place. Lift the panel up from the bottom being careful to avoid sharp edges and pull it out and away from the machine.
- Use a 19-millimeter socket to loosen the mounting bolt on the stator assembly. You may need to use a rubber mallet to help break the bolt free. Lightly tap on top of the socket as you push counterclockwise on the wrench handle. Avoid sharp edges and gently remove the rotor. Set it aside.
- Disconnect the wire harnesses from the stator sensor.
- Use a 10-millimeter socket to remove the mounting bolts that hold the stator in place.
- Remove the stator assembly.
- Return the stator to the tub bearing housing and manipulate it back in place.
- Use a 10-millimeter socket to replace and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Reconnect the wire harnesses.
- Reposition the rotor and thread the mounting bolt and tighten using the 19-millimeter socket and mallet.
- Reattach the rear panel by inserting the upper tabs into the slots on the back of the machine. Replace and tighten the screws.
Stay tuned for a follow-up article on how to access the front of your Samsung Front Loader.
Aug. 10, 2022
5 Ways to Clean and Maintain a Jennair Refrigerator
Jul. 05, 2022
How to Replace a Freezer Door Seal Quickly
Jun. 06, 2022
Top 5 Ways to Clean Your Washing Machine
May. 04, 2022
Washing Machine Shaking? The Causes and Solutions
Apr. 01, 2022
Why Is Your Dishwasher Leaking?
Mar. 07, 2022
Microwave Tripping Circuit Breaker? How to Fix It
Feb. 04, 2022
How to Replace a Whirlpool Dryer Belt (in 10 Steps)
Jan. 06, 2022
Why Your Refrigerator Makes Loud Popping Noises
Dec. 06, 2021
How to Uninstall an Over-the-Range Microwave
Nov. 02, 2021
4 Whirlpool Duet Washer Common Problems
Oct. 04, 2021
How to Clean a Self-Cleaning Oven in 6 Steps
Sep. 01, 2021
How to Replace a Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
Aug. 02, 2021
8 Common Dishwasher Problems (and Solutions)
Jul. 07, 2021
6 Common Oven Problems (and How to Fix Them)
Jun. 07, 2021